Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) is well served by road, with the main A59 motorway running right past the city and connecting with the A4 Cologne ring road and the Bonn A565 motorway, allowing for fast access to both cities.
The airport is edged by the L84 4(Alle Kölner Strasse) on its eastern perimeter, with the L489 (Grengeler Mauspfad) located close to the opposite side. Towns nearby include Altenrath and Lohmar to the south-east, Troisdorf and St. Augustin to the south, and Niederkassel to the south-west.
Directions to Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) from the north:
Directions to Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) from the south:
- Take the L124 south-east from Cologne
- Merge with the A559 and then the A59 and take the airport exit onto the L84 (east)
- The A3 also comes in from the north and the Dusseldorf area to join the A59
Directions to Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) from the east:
- If coming from Bonn, take the A565 north-east
- Merge with the A59 north and then take the airport exit onto the L84 on an easterly heading for the airport
Directions to Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN) from the west:
- Take the A4 west on a heading for Cologne and exit onto the A3 south
- Exit again onto the A59 south and take the next exit for the airport on L84
- The A4 (Cologne ring road) approaches from the west
- Take the A559 spur south-east to join the A59 south
- Take the first exit onto the L84 for Cologne Bonn Airport
The road network around Cologne Bonn Airport and the cities of Cologne and Bonn is superb, but it becomes congested during morning and afternoon rush hours, and public holidays. We recommend that you allow plenty of time for travelling to the airport from either city.
Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN): Virtual Google Maps